If you want certain Shopify SKUs of an order to be fulfilled via your non-Amazon FBA warehouses, please follow these below-mentioned steps.
Go to the Products Linking Page
- From, the Account drop-down menu, select an Amazon FBA marketplace from which you do not want to fulfill a Shopify SKU. Note: You have to do this if you have added multiple Amazon FBA marketplaces inside the app
- Enter your preferred Shopify SKU in the Shopify search box, further hit the Search button
- Click on the Archive button under the Action column
- Repeat these above-steps for your preferred Shopify SKUs
Go to the Configuration Page > Shopify Setting
- Scroll down to this Send Archived (Non-Amazon Fulfilled Items) Notifications to Admin setting
- Select Yes, and save the changes from the bottom of this section. Note: If it is already yes, then please ignore it.
Now, whenever such Shopify SKUs gets placed in an order, our app will just ignore them from Amazon FBA fulfillment, instead, will send you an email to aware you about them, so that you can fulfill them manually from your choice of non-Amazon FBA warehouses.
- Shopify SKUs that are active i.e. non-archived will still be fulfilled via your Amazon FBA marketplaces.
- Our app will route a Shopify SKU to its appropriate Amazon FBA marketplace in terms of the shipping address of an order.
Example: If an order has a shipping address of the U.S., and contains SKU 1 which is active inside the U.S. FBA marketplace of the app, then our app will (route / fulfill) this SKU 1 from your Amazon U.S. FBA marketplace.
Amazon FBA does not support international shipping except the EU region, and to learn about the countries that supports international shipping, please click here.
In case, you have any questions OR want some assistance, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.