How does the feature: Manage Inventory by Geographic locations work?
If you are planning to display the inventory of the appropriate Amazon FBA marketplaces to the appropriate geographic location customers, then this is the feature you should look for. This helps to show actual inventory to the customers as per their actual location / based on ip address. This inventory is the "FBA available inventory" for mapped SKUs under FBA marketplaces/ FBA locations added in our app.
- Let's take an example of this SKU, further take a look at its available U.S. FBA Inventory. Below is a screenshot just to help you understand this visually.
- Now, let's assume that your customer is of the U.S., and tries to add this product into the cart with a quantity of more than 185. Now, here's what's going to happen, post our feature configuration, the app will not allow this customer to place quantities more than 169 as that is the maximum number that is assigned to this geography i.e. the U.S. Below is a screenshot just to help you understand this visually.
Why opt for this feature?
- If you do not want your customers to place orders for items that are out-of-stock in their geographies.
- If you want to display the maximum number of available quantities of an item during an order checkout.
- If you do not want to refund the amount paid by your customers, further (create / maintain) a best-in-class customer experience.
How to opt?
- Go to the Plans page of the app.
- Scroll down to Enterprise plan and you can subscribe it if you wish to proceed with this feature: Manage Inventory by Geographic locations.
- Click on the Request button to send us an email to take this request forward.
- Also, you may refer to the link for limitations under this feature.
Please note: It takes approximately 02 weeks to configure & live this feature by our team at backend.
In case, you have any questions OR need assistance, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.